What does Customer Care Mean to Abacus?
- To exceed clients expectations, going above and beyond the ‘norm’
- Understanding what the customer wants
- Getting to know our customers and their lifestyle
- Being attentive and courteous
- Being honest and fair
- Valuing customers opinions, giving them a voice and showing them that it counts
- Being trustworthy, reliable and respecting confidentiality
- Consider our customer’s needs and environment and provide the appropriate care
- Keep appointments on time and respond quickly to requests and in a helpful manner
- Arriving and finishing at the agreed times according to business needs
- Look professional wearing the appropriate clothing which should always be clean and presentable
- Always being efficient and effective to ensure best value for the customer
- Showing warmth and hospitality
- Thanking customers with exclusive rewards; Loyalty cards, recommend a friend etc.
- Emphasise value, not price
- Asking the client about their experience and commenting positively on their look when they leave us
- Publicising our standards to our customers
- Carrying out customer surveys regularly to measure our successes
- Internal assessing to help all our services meet high standards
- Supporting and training staff to provide better customer service
- Monitoring our complaints to identify where we need to make improvements
- When we cannot provide exactly what someone wants, be innovative and suggest alternatives
- Apologising if things go wrong and do our very best to put it right
- Listening to feedback, acting on it and responding in a timely manner
Our promise to you…
We are committed to promoting and delivering outstanding hairdressing and knowledge in the services we provide. We are responsible for providing an efficient, caring, safe and professional service. We will keep our skills up to date by undergoing training to learn current trends and techniques. We promise to work as a team to provide you with consistency throughout your experience with us. We are committed to exceeding your expectations.
We want everyone to have the best possible experience when they visit us at Abacus and so we have some guidelines to make sure that you can take time out and relax. We would like you to:
- Give us all the information we need to help you achieve the look you want. A prescription card will be completed at the start of your appointment to enable us to provide the appropriate home care regime taylor-made for you
- It is vital that all new customers have a skin test 48hrs before any hair colour even if they have had colour or tinting previously. We cannot overstate the importance of skin testing for your well-being and safety
- Give us your views and suggestions to help us to improve our services
- All appointments are booked for the time you need and so we ask you to arrive promptly. If you arrive late we will do our best to keep to the treatments arranged. However, because we do not want to keep anyone waiting we may have to shorten/change your appointment if your stylist has another customer immediately after you
- We ask you to let us know, as soon as possible, if you are unable to keep your appointment with us and where possible, provide us with 24hrs notice so that the appointment can be offered to another customer
- Treat all staff fairly and with respect
- Tell us if you know of any customers who would benefit from our expertise or feel they are not delighted with our service so that we have the opportunity to put it right
Delivering an effective service to customers with different needs
All our customers have the right to expect the same level of service. We will be careful not to make assumptions about people’s needs or abilities but will consult them to identify their needs. We will make every attempt to supply information in an appropriate format and we will make sure that disabled people receive additional support when accessing the salon.
Complaints must be acknowledged within 48 hours.
If possible, we will deal with complaints “on the spot”. If this is not possible full responses to complaints must be completed within set timescales.
When responding to complaints we will answer all points raised by the complainant.
We will record all complaints in the Complaints File in the Office.
Ensure that we listen to the complainant and check that we have interpreted the complaint correctly. Ask the complainant how they feel the matter should be resolved.
We’ll take the opportunity to learn from complaints to improve our services. Trends will be monitored and appropriate action plans instigated.
Abacus’ definition of a complaint, who can complain and what about?… A complaint can be defined as “dissatisfaction expressed by a customer or someone on their behalf which needs a response”.
Some customers may prefer that their dissatisfaction be dealt with initially as a comment or query. If this happens it should still be recorded with the outcome. If customers remain unhappy after this process they will, in most cases, still have a right to make a complaint.
Staff must follow grievance procedures, where this is appropriate.